16 September 2012

FYF (i'm refusing to put the fest after that since it's stupid and redundant)


Went to FYF (http://fyffest.com/) in LA at the beginning of the month.
Here are some simple adjectives to describe it:
Fun
Hot
Dusty
Exhausting

All around it was a good time.  I finally got to see Refused and that was exactly as awesome as I expected. Dinosaur Jr. was incredible as well. I've had so many chances to see them and I can't figure out why I never did until now.  During their show, Henry Rollins was off to the side rocking out.  At first I thought it was just some old dude having a seizure.

My friend Rady posted pictures on his blog of everyone we saw, so I'm just going to send you there because it's way easier and I'm being horribly lazy.

Adventures at FYF and 2 other shows we caught elsewhere:




New bands (to me) that I would highly recommend: The Men, Cloud Nothings, Sleigh Bells, Lightning Bolt, and Whispering Pines.


No comments: